Visit our Business Solutions website >>

Apex Digital AD-703

Apex Digital AD-703
alaScore 63

16 reviews

Dec, 2017

alaTest has collected and analyzed 16 reviews of Apex Digital AD-703. The average rating for this product is 2.8/5, compared to an average rating of 3.8/5 for other DVD Players for all reviews.

We analyzed user and expert ratings, product age and more factors. Compared to other DVD Players the Apex Digital AD-703 is awarded an overall alaScore™ of 63/100 = Good quality.

Review analysis

(Based on 16 reviews)

User Reviews  

Disclaimer:

Below is a list of reviews for this or similar products. If you think this grouping is wrong please click here to flag.
Read more on our FAQ’s page.
Showing 1 - 10 of 16 Show Reviews: in English

Consumer review by: ktappe (epinions.com)

Apex Digital AD-703 Multi-disc DVD Player

 

(Originally written in March 2002, re-edited January 2004) I was enthusiastic when I researched and purchased this player. Apex was a little-known brand compared to Sony, Panasonic, etc. but internet discussions implied it was well worth considering. ...

3-disc carousel at single disc price

Intolerable audio popping on every single disc

Jan, 2004

Consumer review by: emilosis (epinions.com)

Apex Digital AD-703 Multi-disc DVD Player

 

I asked for this dvd player for Christmas because it had everything I was looking for. 3-disc changer, plays mp3s, and most importantly, it was cheap. I read reviews and figured if the worst thing I read was about the remote, I could deal with having...

Haven't found one yet.

Won't play any of my dvds or cds, horrible remote.

Jan, 2003

Consumer review by: bobclem360 (epinions.com)

Apex Digital AD-703 Multi-disc DVD Player

 

I purchased the AD-703 and had problems from day 1, however since I only played about 8 DVD's in the first 6 months I owned it, I blamed the problem on Blockbuster rented DVD's. I began to use it more after Xmas and found problems with new as well as...

Many features for a low price.

Loading problems

Feb, 2002

Consumer review by: validlyte (epinions.com)

Apex Digital AD-703 Multi-disc DVD Player

 

I should have known I was in trouble when I pulled the player out of the box ... it sounded like there was something sliding around in the actual DVD player although there was no disc inside ... Every time I go to move the thing it sounds like it is...

If there is one I cant find it

Dec, 2001

Consumer review by: johnclint (epinions.com)

Apex Digital AD-703 Multi-disc DVD Player

 

If you have a collection of DVD's, especially if you have some older ones, stay clear of this player. Chances are some of your DVD's won't work on this player. It's hard to tell which ones will and which ones won't.

Affordable. Multi-Region. Good quality picture and sound. Easy to Use.

Fails to play older DVD's. Poor APEX Customer Service. Poor Remote Control design.

Sep, 2001

Consumer review by: brocket (epinions.com)

Apex Digital AD-703 Multi-disc DVD Player

 

I'm going to give this unit a high rating because its feature list is great for the price and I have personally had no problems with the unit.

lots of features, versatile, karaoke and MP3

no power button on remote, overly flashy LCD display

Aug, 2001

Consumer review by: za9ra22 (epinions.com)

Apex Digital AD-703 Multi-disc DVD Player

 

Is good? Not at all. The Apex 703 is clearly designed to be visually appealing and in giving 90% of their effort to this, the other 10% has not resulted in a player that is at all pleasant or easy to use.

Cheap(ish), plays everything

it's AWFUL

Aug, 2001

Consumer review by: omalleytp (epinions.com)

Apex Digital AD-703 Multi-disc DVD Player

 

Apex came out with exactly what I wanted here. They undercut the market on other DVD player's ridiculous prices and offered MP3 capability to boot. For MP3 users who are looking for a home DVD player, this is the one and only I would purchase. 180...

Plays everything. Quality sound and video. Cheap Price.

Off-brand company. Music menu difficult. No music shuffler (random mode). Discs sometimes need reseating.

Aug, 2001

Consumer review by: kevnschwendler (epinions.com)

Apex Digital AD-703 Multi-disc DVD Player

 

good picture, good sound quality

none

Jul, 2001

Consumer review by: lobsters (epinions.com)

Buy it--and buy the extended warranty

 

I bought the box because it is a truely do-it-all box. It plays DVD, VCD, MP3, it handles CD-R well, it converts PAL disk signals to NTSC, it even has a built-in AC-3 decoder. All that for less than $200.

Do-it-all box for low price

a few design flaws as well as quality concerns

Jun, 2001
1
2